A little more than a week before K returns to work and I got the green blanket buddy done! And in February as well. I guess it’s kind of fitting that a bunny project would be finished on leap day.
Another project done for year of wonders!
I was going to post last night about my awesome packages waiting for me when I got home, but after spending 1/2 hour getting hung up on by the insurance co’s IVR while trying to make a claim for my car I kind of ran out of blogging energy.
Squee! Loopy Ewe AND Knit Picks packages on the same day!
I’m not sure what I’ll do with these goodies: Malabrigo Lace Yarn in Cypress and Mariposa.
Of course, Little Loopy is hanging out with frank. Jesse wanted to keep him, but I said Nope, he’s mine! 🙂
And, my Knit Picks package contained my Options set I’ve been lusting after for months… I bought some extra cables and two sizes of the Harmony tips. Can’t wait to use them on a new project.
I also bought some Cotlin to use for my washcloth project in Year of Wonders. Not sure what I’ll do with my Merino or Wool of the ndes. The Navy Wool of the Andes — yes, I did buy some yarn that wasn’t green — will be for one of the felting projects in the book, just haven’t gotten to deciding yet.
Stupid crappy yarn keeps breaking… After the third time I realized that it wouldn’t hold up to being played with, so I finished up what I could, took photos and threw it away. OK, that part hurt….
Oh well, at least the yarn was on clearance when I bought it and I wasn’t making this for anyone specific. Still, I hate to make something and then have to discard it. Maybe if I bind off where the head starts, the cat can use it to sleep on.
I got quite a bit done on the Marialis scarf (Ravelry link to pattern) last night. I wasn’t so sure about the way the colors were looking after the first 14 rows, but I kept going, trusting that I’ll like it better when it’s further along.
I had a couple of times I had to go back and fix stitches… I forgot to do the 6 border stitches on each sides of the first two purl across rows. Luckily, I remembered to just drop the stitches and fix them. Thanks Kelly Petkun!
I just bought 101 Designer One-Skein Wonders using a gift card. I decided I’m going to work my way through the book as a good way to try things new… after all, it only takes one skein of yarn no matter what project I’m using. This should also be a good stash buster!
Ravelry link to projects
Jesse’s Armor – Part 2
Finally got some progress on this. I tried knitting it using 2 circs instead of the DPNs. I wanted to re-do the first one so I could test knitting 2 at once while I did the second once.
After frogging it about 10 times, I finally switched over to trying magic loop two at once and voila! progress… If I knit a bunch tonight, I might actually get them done in time for January’s A Loose Knit Group deadline.
We spent some of the week after Christmas in Alapaha, GA on the farm. The kids were really, really glad to see Granny and Papa and really enjoyed being outside.
Jesse also finally learned to ride a bike without training wheels, so he and Bailey did a LOT of bike riding while we were there.
Bailey finally got her purple, polka-dotted cow she’d been wanting.
I took some knitting, but gave up when the hat I started was way, way too small and the needle snapped when I was working on the head of Bailey’s Furry Monster.
So, I played with my new digital camera. The old one would either take blurry pix or dark pix. The macro setting was really fun!
Jesse even got to gather eggs from their new chickens